Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Chart values for blanks show as zero (Excel 2003)

I have a chart for quarterly activity (13 weeks per quarter).
The chart data is a static range which is updated weekly.
For weeks which have not occurred yet the fields are blank. However, the
chart shows these weeks as having zero and plots them on the chart.
How do I avoid this and only have blanks on the chart?

Thanks for your assistance,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Are the cells blank? They have to be completely empty to register as blanks.
A formula that returns "" is not a blank.

You can use NA(), which is skipped in a line or XY chart:

=IF(A1=0,NA(),A1)

This puts #N/A into the cell, which looks ugly, but the chart no longer
thinks you mean zero.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP