Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default In bar chart using values-NOT show the value of zero

Each bar in chart shows a value. I do NOT want the value of ZERO to show.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I take it you mean you are using values as data labels but do not want 0 to
be displayed.
Right click the Data Labels in chart; use Format Data Labels
Use a Custom Format of General; General; [White]General and set the font
background to transparent
Change [White] to whatever colour you use for the plot area so the 0 is
invisible
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Harry" wrote in message
Each bar in chart shows a value. I do NOT want the value of ZERO to show.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You came very close. Unfortunately, I had changed the background to a
gradient and 'they' liked that very much. So, to change the font to the
background would be a problem. Also, then, the other values also change
color. This would not match the other charts I have on the same sheet.
In the other charts, I had changed to rid myself of the Zero. How? Unknown.
It is like Conditional Formatting.
Thanks for your reply. I will hold that in memory as I have never used that
section before. In Exel, what I do not know would take a big bucket.

"Harry" wrote in message
Each bar in chart shows a value. I do NOT want the value of ZERO to show.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Weird...right below 'Format Data Labels' is another entry: 'Clear'.
And...that did it. Agony. Also, I have found that where the entries come
from--on anther sheet-make sure I 'Delete' unwanted entries and NOT use the
Space Bar to do it.
Make sense? Two heads...etc.

If Zeros show up in ANY graph, use the 'Clear' to suppress. Must be
'Conditional Formatting' for charts.

"Harry" wrote in message
Each bar in chart shows a value. I do NOT want the value of ZERO to show.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Or use a number format without an entry for zero:

General;General;;@
0.00;0.00;;@
0%;0%;;@

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Harry" wrote in message
Each bar in chart shows a value. I do NOT want the value of ZERO to show.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Jon,
I`ve always had this problem and now you gave me the final answer to solve
that!!!
I will use that in many charts I have at work.
THANK YOU!!!
Raphael