Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
wabmreo

Default How can I get the zero values at the end of a chart not to show?

I have a chart getting data from a spreadsheet, where data is added one day
at a time, for an entire month.

After adding the data for the first day, the data point shows, but the line
connecting the data point in the chart immediately drops to zero, since data
for the remaining days is not available.

Is there a way to just have the line connecting the data points show only
where there is data, and not show anything for the upcoming days where data
is not available?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

1) use a dynamic chart - see
http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/E...ps/Dynamic.htm
or
2) rather than blanks for missing data use =NA()
or
3) click on chart and use Tools|Options, open CHART tab, check the option
Plot empty cell as - not plotted

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"wabmreo" wrote in message
I have a chart getting data from a spreadsheet, where data is added one day
at a time, for an entire month.

After adding the data for the first day, the data point shows, but the
line
connecting the data point in the chart immediately drops to zero, since
data
for the remaining days is not available.

Is there a way to just have the line connecting the data points show only
where there is data, and not show anything for the upcoming days where
data
is not available?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
wabmreo

Default How can I get the zero values at the end of a chart not to sho

The formula that is in the link below (option 1), once I entered it into the
INSERT/NAME/DEFINE box, is not being recognized as a range, so when I modify
the series it won't accept it...

It SHOULD recognize it as a range, correct?

thanks

"wabmreo" wrote in message
I have a chart getting data from a spreadsheet, where data is added one day
at a time, for an entire month.

After adding the data for the first day, the data point shows, but the
line
connecting the data point in the chart immediately drops to zero, since
data
for the remaining days is not available.

Is there a way to just have the line connecting the data points show only
where there is data, and not show anything for the upcoming days where
data
is not available?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

Try =SERIES(Sheet1!$B$1,Dynamic.xls!date,Dynamic.xls!s ales,1)
where Dynamic!.xsl is the name of the file from a previous save.

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme