Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Multiple day reporting

I want build a report that shows Daily Graphs for a month with 48 values for
each day. The graphs would be individual where Mondays are always above
Mondays, Tuesday above Tuesdays arranged in a matrix that allows easy
comparison of data used in each day. ie: there would be 7 graphs accross the
page and 4/5 down to cover long months. The report would be used for
different months where I need to ensure the date is recognised and the
appropriate 1st of the month appears in the correct day (if the 1st is a
Wednesday then Monday and Tuesday would not contain data)

The source data includes Date and 48 values going acroos the columns where
the 1st day of the month starts in A1.

I'm sure there is a way to do this but it's beyond my excel skills.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
explodinghead said:
I want build a report that shows Daily Graphs for a month with 48 values for
each day. The graphs would be individual where Mondays are always above
Mondays, Tuesday above Tuesdays arranged in a matrix that allows easy
comparison of data used in each day. ie: there would be 7 graphs accross the
page and 4/5 down to cover long months. The report would be used for
different months where I need to ensure the date is recognised and the
appropriate 1st of the month appears in the correct day (if the 1st is a
Wednesday then Monday and Tuesday would not contain data)

It's an interesting-sounding challenge, and definitely a job for panel
charts. Google "Excel panel-chart" for work-through examples, paying
particular attention to D Kelly O'Day's "Process Trends" web site and
Jon Peltier's site and blog.

Nowadays Kelly would point out that panel charts is an area where R
beats Excel, but it's definitely possible in Excel with a bit of effort.

--
Del Cotter