Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Del Cotter Del Cotter is offline

Default Multiple day reporting

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
explodinghead said:
I want build a report that shows Daily Graphs for a month with 48 values for
each day. The graphs would be individual where Mondays are always above
Mondays, Tuesday above Tuesdays arranged in a matrix that allows easy
comparison of data used in each day. ie: there would be 7 graphs accross the
page and 4/5 down to cover long months. The report would be used for
different months where I need to ensure the date is recognised and the
appropriate 1st of the month appears in the correct day (if the 1st is a
Wednesday then Monday and Tuesday would not contain data)

It's an interesting-sounding challenge, and definitely a job for panel
charts. Google "Excel panel-chart" for work-through examples, paying
particular attention to D Kelly O'Day's "Process Trends" web site and
Jon Peltier's site and blog.

Nowadays Kelly would point out that panel charts is an area where R
beats Excel, but it's definitely possible in Excel with a bit of effort.

--
Del Cotter