Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Time Scale for Charts

In the 2003 Version of Excel I was able to set time scales with a Min Date
and Max Date - for example: 1/1/2008 - 12/31/2008. I have charts that
measure the Call volumes in our area per month and I am unable to see each
month on the Horizontal Axis.

Thanks, Susie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You can set the min and max the same way, if you've made a line chart with a
date axis. The particulars of how the controls are laid out in the dialog
are somewhat different, but you should be able to find them.

What I like to do is set the base unit to days, and the major unit to
months, typically 1 month. If I start on 1/1/2008 and end on 1/1/2009, I get
a tick mark and label on the first of each month.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Susie" wrote in message
In the 2003 Version of Excel I was able to set time scales with a Min Date
and Max Date - for example: 1/1/2008 - 12/31/2008. I have charts that
measure the Call volumes in our area per month and I am unable to see each
month on the Horizontal Axis.

Thanks, Susie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Okay - so i want to set weekly dates at 7 day intervals starting Aug 15. My
vertical axis records numbers at weekly intervals (every Saturday). How do i
get the X axis to reflect weekly ticks Aug 15, Aug 22 etc so I can monitor
the changes?

tim k