Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Graph to only include rows with data in

Hello, I want to make a graph which is based on a table which gets its data
from other parts of my spreadsheet - so all the data is made from formulas.

Some of the rows at the bottom will be empty, and I want the graph to ignore
these empty rows, but to include them if data is added at a later date.

Is there a way to point the graph to an area, but to tell the graph to
ignore any rows where the formulas return a blank (or Icould make it zeros
if that helps). I don't want acres of graph with no columns in either, so it
would have to adjust automatically.

I'm OKish with VBA, but I'd prefer a solution that didn't use it if that's
possible.

Thanks

Michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could use autofilter to display Non-blanks (or Custom | Not Equal
To | 0 (zero) if you return zero in your formulae), and the graph will
adjust automatically. This is not dynamic, though - you would have to
re-apply the filter if your data changed.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 9, 1:46*pm, "Michelle" wrote:
Hello, I want to make a graph which is based on a table which gets its data
from other parts of my spreadsheet - so all the data is made from formulas.

Some of the rows at the bottom will be empty, and I want the graph to ignore
these empty rows, but to include them if data is added at a later date.

Is there a way to point the graph to an area, but to tell the graph to
ignore any rows where the formulas return a blank (or Icould make it zeros
if that helps). I don't want acres of graph with no columns in either, so it
would have to adjust automatically.

I'm OKish with VBA, but I'd prefer a solution that didn't use it if that's
possible.

Thanks

Michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel 2007
Variable X-axis length with available data.
Dynamic, adjusts automatically.
No VBA.
Method will vary with chart and data type.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yjdgkjynhwt/12_09_08.xlsx