Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Charts change colour in 2003

I should probably have posted here in the first place:

Have been doing financial presentations with lots of charts (ie line graphs,
bar and column charts, pies, scatter plots, etc.) using PowerPoint 2007,
which creates an Excel file for each chart. I need to convert them for use
in 2003 as not everyone has 2007. After saving down as 97-2003, the charts
look OK in 2003 BUT when I double-click to edit them some of the colours
change. I've tried using non-theme colours and that seems to work MOST OF
THE
TIME but NOT ALWAYS. When the colours do change I don't even have the option
to change the default Excel colours in the embedded workbook.

There's 100s of charts! Help please...

Many thanks...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

In Excel 2007, take a look at the following - Office Button, Excel Options,
Save, Colors. You can do some modifications here. I'm not sure why you
can't change the colors in 2003. You should be able to choose Tools,
Options, Color, and change the colors to meet your needs in 2003.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"PolarLight" wrote:

I should probably have posted here in the first place:

Have been doing financial presentations with lots of charts (ie line graphs,
bar and column charts, pies, scatter plots, etc.) using PowerPoint 2007,
which creates an Excel file for each chart. I need to convert them for use
in 2003 as not everyone has 2007. After saving down as 97-2003, the charts
look OK in 2003 BUT when I double-click to edit them some of the colours
change. I've tried using non-theme colours and that seems to work MOST OF
THE
TIME but NOT ALWAYS. When the colours do change I don't even have the option
to change the default Excel colours in the embedded workbook.

There's 100s of charts! Help please...

Many thanks...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The charts are all embedded within PowerPoint. When I try to edit the
embedded charts I can change the data on the workbook but don't have access
to the full Excel interface where I could change the default colours.

"Shane Devenshire" wrote in
message ...