John L

Default Change Font colour mid-worksheet: Excel 2003

I have a large worksheet (6,000+ rows) that I am continuously updating
I need to quickly and easily see all "recent" changes made as I scroll through
At present, the data in each worksheet cell are all in black (+ Times Roman)
fonts - I would like all changes and additions to be very apparent - in say
red - and this should ideally include changing data within a cell - say
changing "Note" to "Notes" with just the "s" showing up red
Then when I am happy with certain changes, I want to Format Paint them to
black as I scroll through - leaving only the queries and any new-new
additions, etc. continuing to show up in red - or even make newer changes in
a different colour again?
I've tried Track Change markups, but they are difficult to see and a bit
fiddly to read what correction I made in those little "PostIt" boxes....

Any ideas? Thanks
FSt1

Hi john,
I had an idea untill you hit the "new-new additions" and the "newer changes"
part.
you may have to define what you mean by the phrases. and you may have to
define what you mean by "recent changes".
remember - computers are stupid. you have to tell them everything and they
only see in black and white. It is either a recent change or it's not.

"John L" wrote:

I have a large worksheet (6,000+ rows) that I am continuously updating
I need to quickly and easily see all "recent" changes made as I scroll through
At present, the data in each worksheet cell are all in black (+ Times Roman)
fonts - I would like all changes and additions to be very apparent - in say
red - and this should ideally include changing data within a cell - say
changing "Note" to "Notes" with just the "s" showing up red
Then when I am happy with certain changes, I want to Format Paint them to
black as I scroll through - leaving only the queries and any new-new
additions, etc. continuing to show up in red - or even make newer changes in
a different colour again?
I've tried Track Change markups, but they are difficult to see and a bit
fiddly to read what correction I made in those little "PostIt" boxes....

Any ideas? Thanks

John L

Looking for utopia in a logical world??!

What I was after was say setting every new (July) input into the existing
database in a red font, then on 1st Agust change the settings so that all
entries, corrections (i.e. every keystroke) appear in green.

That way I can routinely view the database and accept all the red/green data
that I am confident with/have checked by Format Painting it black. Then, if
there is a query/data that I need to check, I can see it in red and go to my
"July" data source or green for August, etc.

However, if the database showed only red for everything that I input from
now on, I can live with that!

Any thoughts most appreciated!

John L