Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
JLS JLS is offline

Default Fix a comment to a moving datum point in a line chart

I have a chart which tracks 13 weeks of data. Each week the data in the
table is moved one cell to the left (Copy the right 12 columns and paste
special over the left 12 columns) and add the new weeks data to the very
right column. I have data labels (value) on the points in the chart.
I need to add a comment to a datum point and have this comment move across
the chart from right to left as the datum point does.
I've read and tried some of the suggestions in the discussion which seemed
to fit my situation but they didn't work.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

I would suggest downloading the free XL Chart Labeler utility. Then I would
add a row or column to your data area where you have comments. Run the chart
labeler. Then when you move your data to the left include the comment range.
If necessary rerun the Labeler.

http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

if this helps please click the Yes button
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire