Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kay Kay is offline

Default Scrollbar Help

I have not used scrollbar in excel much.
I have these data in my sheet1, Days column has data for days 1 to 365 and
Load column has numbers between 1 to 100.
I want to use scroll bar in such a way tha if i want Load number say 90 then
it should take all the value from Load which is less than or equal to 90 and
change chart according to that. In my chart i have days value on x -axis and
Load values of Y axis.
Day Load
1 45
2 50
3 90
.. .
.. 80
365 .

I have tried using scroll bar but it is not changing the chart the way i
want so must be i am doing soemthing worng . so not getting idea for what i
want to do.

Any advice, as always, is greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Try this.

Assuming your Day and Load data is in columns A and B, add a scroll bar, set
its min and max to the smallest and largest Load you expect, and link it to
cell D1. Then in cell C2, insert this formula:

=IF(B2<=$D$1,B2,NA())

Fill this down as far as you have data. Select column A, then hold Ctrl
while selecting column C, and create an XY chart or Line chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"kay" wrote in message
I have not used scrollbar in excel much.
I have these data in my sheet1, Days column has data for days 1 to 365 and
Load column has numbers between 1 to 100.
I want to use scroll bar in such a way tha if i want Load number say 90
then
it should take all the value from Load which is less than or equal to 90
and
change chart according to that. In my chart i have days value on x -axis
and
Load values of Y axis.
Day Load
1 45