Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Chart - Tons Per Hour & Efficiency (Up Time)

I'm trying to generate a chart with tons per hour on the y-axis and
efficiency on the y-axis as well (opposite the to the first), and the
date on the x-axis. So, I guess what I want to do is have the
ability to have two y-axis.

any help will be appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

First generate the chart with 2 variables (ton/hr and efficiency) with the
date on the X-axis, then once the chart is built, click the one that you want
on the right y-axis, right click and select Format Data Series, from there go
to the tab Axis and select Secondary axis. Now you have independent scale for
each variable, once on the left y-axis and the other in the right y-axis.

Hope that help
--
Cesar

" wrote:

I'm trying to generate a chart with tons per hour on the y-axis and
efficiency on the y-axis as well (opposite the to the first), and the
date on the x-axis. So, I guess what I want to do is have the
ability to have two y-axis.

any help will be appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You could use a dual Y-axis chart type. (In the wizard 1st step, choose
Custom Tyes and Line on 2 axis or Line-Column on 2 axis). Or you could use a
3D chart, but many people do not like these/
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire