Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Filling With Color Between Specified Gridlines

I'm creating a standard line chart, with database numbers ranging from 50 to
425. I want to indicate a "normal" range in order to identify numbers that
are either higher or lower than normal. I'd like to choose a color to fill
between specified horizontal gridlines in order to show the normal range. I
can't seem to find how to do it!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

One way is to employ a Stacked Column/Line chart combination.

1. Create two new series for example suppose you want to color the range
40-60 your new series would be 40's and 20's. Enter the 40 in all the cells
of that series, and 20 for all the cells of the second series.
2. Highlight your original data and the two new series and plot a Stacked
Column chart.
3. Select your "real" data series on the chart and choose Chart, Chart Type
and then choose Line
4. Select the bottom stacked bar series and choose Format, Selected Data
Series, and on the Patterns tab choose Borders None, Area None. Click the
Options tab and choose Gap width 0.
5. Select the top stacked bar series and set its Borders to None.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"paparulez" wrote:

I'm creating a standard line chart, with database numbers ranging from 50 to
425. I want to indicate a "normal" range in order to identify numbers that
are either higher or lower than normal. I'd like to choose a color to fill
between specified horizontal gridlines in order to show the normal range. I
can't seem to find how to do it!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I didn't mention but you can remove the series from the legend by single
clicking the legend and then single clicking the series name you want to
remove and then pressing Del.

If this helped, please click the Yes button.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire