Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Color Filling a Cell

On Excel 2002 I can only see the fill colors in a cell when I go to print
preview. I cannot see them when I am in normal view. Can someone help.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See if this is the culprit:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=833258

Biff

"BZBOYLE" wrote in message
On Excel 2002 I can only see the fill colors in a cell when I go to print
preview. I cannot see them when I am in normal view. Can someone help.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If this is a problem with all Excel files with coloured cells, the Windows OS
high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the
following MSKB article:

OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-ca;320531

--
Gary''s Student
gsnu200711

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

can't find the original note i wrote that you answered, but that IS what the
problem was. i attempted to write you directly to thank you, but my email
came back as undeliverable. the high contrast function needs to be turned
off/unchecked, and then voila, there you have color functionality in excel,
again! happy days!

and you explained it so a non-techie like me could understand. thank you so
much. bnn

"BZBOYLE" wrote in message
On Excel 2002 I can only see the fill colors in a cell when I go to print
preview. I cannot see them when I am in normal view. Can someone help.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP