Old October 9th 08, 03:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Chart won't hold formatting

Excel 2007. I am trying to change the font size of data labels on a line
chart. Also changing the color of the lines. After making the changes and
saving the spreadsheet, if I close and reopen the sheet, the data labels and
line colors have reverted to default size, fonts, and color.

I need to put these charts in a powerpoint. When copying into power point
all formats also revert to default. Using Powerpoint 2007. Doesn't matter
what type of paste either. paste, paste link, or paste special. png, jpg, or
metafile all revert to default once pasted into powerpoint.

Presentation is Monday, Please help!!!

Old October 10th 08, 10:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If you do a regular Ctrl+C then Ctrl+V paste into PowerPoint I think there
should be a little icon at the bottom right of the chart. If you drop that
down there should be an option called "use source formatting" or something
like that. Does that work? I can't check right now as I'm at home.
--
Thanks,
Christopher

Old October 10th 08, 03:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks for the idea Christopher, but it won't solve my problem, as the excel
chart won't keep the formatting in excel itself. If I change data labels font
size, color, ect and then save, close and reopen, the data labels have
reverted back to the default.

Old October 30th 08, 01:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I am having the same problem with Excel 2003. My problem only effects the
newest data on my chart. The chart plots data per quarter for the last 3
years, but only the data from the current year reverts back to the default
format (Black Text, Arial, 10pt, Normal) I can change it to match the older
data and save, then reopen and it's back to the default format. Please help,
this report has very high visibility in my company.

Thanks, Rick

Old November 2nd 08, 03:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I, too, am suffering this problem. I have a three-series line chart and the
formatting for two of the series keeps reverting to unusable formats. I fix
them, save, close, reopen, and they're back to being unusable.

I even tried saving a custom chart type after fixing everything, and that
caused them to revert to the unusable formats.

I am using Office 2003.

I've been using Excel for many years and this is the first time I've ever
seen this problem.

If it's any help, my chart is a line chart with 3 data series, 2 of which
are on the primary X/Y axes, and the other is on secondary X/Y axes.

The first series (on the primary axis) works fine and holds all formats.
It's the 2nd and 3rd series (2nd on the primary and the one on the secondary)
that fail to hold formats. They re-check their "Linked to Source" options on
the Number tab (they shouldn't), they revert font size to 26.5 pt (should be
8) and remove all colors/borders/fills I apply.

This is very frustrating.

Old November 19th 13, 05:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I also have this problem, my data labels won't stay as a percentage, keep defaulting back to a number. I can't find a solution anywhere on the web.

Old November 19th 13, 05:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Am Tue, 19 Nov 2013 09:22:12 -0800 (PST) schrieb
:

I also have this problem, my data labels won't stay as a percentage, keep defaulting back to a number. I can't find a solution anywhere on the web.

record a macro while formatting your chart as expected. After refreshing
your chart run that macro.

Regards
Claus B.
--