Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
RMort RMort is offline

Default Chart won't hold formatting

I am having the same problem with Excel 2003. My problem only effects the
newest data on my chart. The chart plots data per quarter for the last 3
years, but only the data from the current year reverts back to the default
format (Black Text, Arial, 10pt, Normal) I can change it to match the older
data and save, then reopen and it's back to the default format. Please help,
this report has very high visibility in my company.

Thanks, Rick

"Kermit" wrote:

Excel 2007. I am trying to change the font size of data labels on a line
chart. Also changing the color of the lines. After making the changes and
saving the spreadsheet, if I close and reopen the sheet, the data labels and
line colors have reverted to default size, fonts, and color.

I need to put these charts in a powerpoint. When copying into power point
all formats also revert to default. Using Powerpoint 2007. Doesn't matter
what type of paste either. paste, paste link, or paste special. png, jpg, or
metafile all revert to default once pasted into powerpoint.

Presentation is Monday, Please help!!!