Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Hiding Data Points in a chart

I have formula that is producing a blank cells, zeros, and valid data. I
only want the valid data to display on the chart, but my graphs are picking
up the other cells, evern though the result is zero or blank because of the
formula. Is there a way to chart this information in a line graph without
the blank cells or the zeros, when they are not hard coded and are formulas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

All non numeric cell content will be plotted as zero.
If you have a line chart you can use NA() instead of "" for 'blank'
points. This will only cause the marker to not be displayed. The line
will be interpolated between valid points.

This explain a bit more and offers a work around that may suit depending
on your data.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokenlines.htm

Cheers
Andy

Brandon wrote:
I have formula that is producing a blank cells, zeros, and valid data. I
only want the valid data to display on the chart, but my graphs are picking
up the other cells, evern though the result is zero or blank because of the
formula. Is there a way to chart this information in a line graph without
the blank cells or the zeros, when they are not hard coded and are formulas?

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info