Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Anyway to change a Chart number?

Is there a way to give a chart a specific number? Everytime I delete and
create a new chart, Excel automatically give it the next sequential number,
I'm running VB in the charts so it's a pain to constantly changing my scripts
in VB. Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Whilst you can not specify the automatic name you can change the name of
the newly create chart with code.

If you need more help post you existing code.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks for your advise. I'm not using codes to create a chart, I'm using
codes to adjust certain aspects of various charts in my spreadsheet in a
sequencial way, and the issue I'm having is that everytime I delete a chart
and create a new one, Excel assigns the next number to the chart, which
makes my programing very difficult.

Can you email me an example of creating a new chart and assigning a name of
my choice?

Thanks again.

Roget168 wrote:
Is there a way to give a chart a specific number? Everytime I delete and
create a new chart, Excel automatically give it the next sequential
number, I'm running VB in the charts so it's a pain to constantly
changing my scripts in VB. Thanks in advance.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Roget Luo wrote,

Thanks for your advise. I'm not using codes to create a chart, I'm using
codes to adjust certain aspects of various charts in my spreadsheet in a
sequencial way, and the issue I'm having is that everytime I delete a
chart and create a new one, Excel assigns the next number to the chart,
which makes my programing very difficult.

Hold the shift key down and click on the chart. This selects the chart
object. You can then click on the formula bar where it shows 'Chart 21' and
rename (press enter after changing the name of the object).

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com