Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Ed Ferrero[_2_] Ed Ferrero[_2_] is offline

Default Anyway to change a Chart number?

Roget Luo wrote,

Thanks for your advise. I'm not using codes to create a chart, I'm using
codes to adjust certain aspects of various charts in my spreadsheet in a
sequencial way, and the issue I'm having is that everytime I delete a
chart and create a new one, Excel assigns the next number to the chart,
which makes my programing very difficult.

Hold the shift key down and click on the chart. This selects the chart
object. You can then click on the formula bar where it shows 'Chart 21' and
rename (press enter after changing the name of the object).

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com