Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Chart won't resize correctly

I have a very basic graph with lots of excess white space I can't get rid of
at the bottom. No resizing bars appear any where except for the entire plot
area. I've recreated the graph without any luck. I need to get rid of the
white space in order to balance the appearance. This hasn't happened with
more complex graphs.

Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Can you select the plot area (the rectangle in the middle of the chart) and
resize that within the chart area?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Molly" wrote in message
I have a very basic graph with lots of excess white space I can't get rid
of
at the bottom. No resizing bars appear any where except for the entire
plot
area. I've recreated the graph without any luck. I need to get rid of
the
white space in order to balance the appearance. This hasn't happened
with
more complex graphs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I apologize - I wasn't very clear. It is excess white space at the bottom of
the plot area itself that I can't get rid of. Resizing only makes the graph
inside smaller or larger but does nothing to get rid of the blank area. I've
tried rotating the axis names to see if that had any effect - it didn't -
just made everything proportionally larger or smaller.

"Molly" wrote in message
I have a very basic graph with lots of excess white space I can't get rid
of
at the bottom. No resizing bars appear any where except for the entire
plot
area. I've recreated the graph without any luck. I need to get rid of
the
white space in order to balance the appearance. This hasn't happened
with
more complex graphs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Molly,

You could try double-clicking the Y-axis and changing the Minimum value on
the Scale tab.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Molly" wrote in message
I have a very basic graph with lots of excess white space I can't get
rid
of
at the bottom. No resizing bars appear any where except for the
entire
plot
area. I've recreated the graph without any luck. I need to get rid of
the
white space in order to balance the appearance. This hasn't happened
with
more complex graphs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thank you, but that didn't work either. What I finally ended up doing was
adding in a second set of unneeded data which, for reasons I don't
understand, then allowed me to adjust the plot size and move the chart title
up. I then deleted the unnecessary data, and now the data is visually
balanced.