Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Shane Devenshire Shane Devenshire is offline

Default Chart won't resize correctly

Hi Molly,

You could try double-clicking the Y-axis and changing the Minimum value on
the Scale tab.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Molly" wrote in message
I apologize - I wasn't very clear. It is excess white space at the bottom
of
the plot area itself that I can't get rid of. Resizing only makes the
graph
inside smaller or larger but does nothing to get rid of the blank area.
I've
tried rotating the axis names to see if that had any effect - it didn't -
just made everything proportionally larger or smaller.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Can you select the plot area (the rectangle in the middle of the chart)
and
resize that within the chart area?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Molly" wrote in message
I have a very basic graph with lots of excess white space I can't get
rid
of
at the bottom. No resizing bars appear any where except for the
entire
plot
area. I've recreated the graph without any luck. I need to get rid of
the
white space in order to balance the appearance. This hasn't happened
with
more complex graphs.

Any help would be appreciated.