Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
EK EK is offline

Default Excel 2007 - Column charting

When you set reverse categories for the horizontal axis, I noticed that the
legend (which I normally placed at the bottom of the chart), did not
correspondingly reverse.
Is this WAD (working as designed) ? If not, how can i overcome this as the
reader would have to mentally "remap" the legend to the bar chart.
Thanks very much.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Reversing the Axis categories will not effect the legend order.
To do that you need to change the Series Order. In 2007 this is none via the
Select Data Source dialog.
Chart Tools Design Data Select Data. Use the Up/Down arrows in the
Legend Entries section of the dialog.

Cheer
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"EK" wrote in message
When you set reverse categories for the horizontal axis, I noticed that
the
legend (which I normally placed at the bottom of the chart), did not
correspondingly reverse.
Is this WAD (working as designed) ? If not, how can i overcome this as
the
reader would have to mentally "remap" the legend to the bar chart.
Thanks very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
EK EK is offline

Dear Andy,
Thanks for response despite your Labour Day holiday.
I tried what was suggested, the legend does reverses, so those the columns,
thus neutralizing what I strive to do. For example:
On the chart, I have sales revenue for productline D, C, B, A (for year
2005, 2006, 2007, 2008) after I reversed the categories on horizontal axis
(my original data are in the order A, B, C, D for years 2008, 2007, 2006,
2005). The legend is at the bottom of the chart and shows A, B, C, D in line
with original data, but I need the reverse of this legend to improve
legibility when printing in gray scale.
When I did what was you suggested, my legend becomes D, C, B, A, but my
columns reversed to A, B, C, D.
Would it help if I post my worksheet somewhere to illustrate ?
Thanks very much.

EK

"EK" wrote in message
When you set reverse categories for the horizontal axis, I noticed that
the
legend (which I normally placed at the bottom of the chart), did not
correspondingly reverse.
Is this WAD (working as designed) ? If not, how can i overcome this as
the
reader would have to mentally "remap" the legend to the bar chart.
Thanks very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

No Labour day holiday here in the UK ;)