Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel 2007 and chart as chartsheet

I have code that moves a new chart from its worksheet to a chartsheet and
changes its orientation to portrait. The resulting chart only fills about
two thirds of the page. There is a big blank area at the bottom. I can
manually change the plotarea to make it fill the entire page, but I can not
do so via any VBA statement I have tried. And of course the recorder
doesn't record htis action! Can anyone suggest a cure (other than Excel 2003
<grin)

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Found the solution. When the chart is first moved to a chart sheet, it is
landscape and the height and width of the chartarea are set to the max. I
just stored those values, changed the orientation to portrait, and then set
the height to the old width, and the width to the old height to maximize
chart size.

Bob

. ..