Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default disconnected chart objects

Consider the following:
Â* Â* Â*Â*AÂ* Â* B
1 Â* Â*15 Â* 15
2 Â* Â*25 Â* 15
3 Â* Â*25 Â* 35
4 Â* Â*15 Â* 35
5 Â* Â*15 Â* 15
6
7 Â* Â*45 Â* 45
8 Â* Â*75 Â* 45
9 Â* Â*75 Â*105
10 Â* 45 Â*105
11 Â* 45 Â* 45

In Excel with row 6 present & blank you get two disconnected boxes
using XY-scatter format with lines and points. If you remove the empty
row 6 you get the boxes plus a line connecting points 15,15 and 45,45.

In Open Office Calc (OOC), you get the boxes connected in either case
unless you move one of the y sets to column B (creating two series.)

Although this is an Excel group, since I haven't been able to get any
response on the OOC forum I was hoping someone here might help. Â*Is it
possible to make an OOC plot, with only one series, like the first
case above (boxes disconnected?)

If anyone does know I would greatly appreciate being told how to do
it.

Thanks, Ken Rogers