Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to Name Chart Objects

I have a spreadsheet that summarizes energy Key Indicators for all of
our companies US plants. There are approximately 150 individual charts
and I want to automate so they are dynamic.

Apparently I can't use named formulas to set my Y-Axis minimum or
maximum scales, nor the major or minor unit values. I can, however,
use the Worksheet_Activate event and set these values so they are also
dynamic.

My problem is that the graphs were created over time and as a result
the numbering is almost random.

Is there a utility available that will allow me to manually cycle and
set the individual chart object names to a meaningful (-to me-) naming
convention?

With some trial and error, I can probably create VBA code that will
cycle through all of the chart object on the active worksheet, create
an input box and assign the name. I was just hoping for a little bit
of a time saver...

--
DCSwearingen

Getting old, but love computers.

[...]