Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Copying Charts

I have created a worksheet with about 10 charts on it. I want to replicate it
over a further 11 worksheets (one for each month), but when I do the charts
always refer back to the original worksheet and I have to chabe each chart.

Is there a way around this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Copy the sheet with the charts and data, then change the data on the copied
sheet.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Keith" wrote in message
I have created a worksheet with about 10 charts on it. I want to replicate
it
over a further 11 worksheets (one for each month), but when I do the
charts
always refer back to the original worksheet and I have to chabe each
chart.

Is there a way around this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I have already copied the sheets, but then you have to go into each chart as
it still refers back to the original sheet by name. I was looking for a way
to make it automaticaly refer to the sheet it is on.

"Keith" wrote in message
I have created a worksheet with about 10 charts on it. I want to replicate
it
over a further 11 worksheets (one for each month), but when I do the
charts
always refer back to the original worksheet and I have to chabe each
chart.

Is there a way around this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

What version of Excel?
Is the data on the sheet that contains the embedded charts?

Close the file, make a copy and rename it. Open both files, then drag the
relevant sheets from the copy to the original file.

- Jon
-------