Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Creating Chart and calculating data

I need help. I've been asked to create a chart based on the following data:

AUDITOR SCORE
Val, Ron 82%
Robert 82%
Robert 78%
Ron 73%
Robert 70%
Walt 91%
Walt 85%
Val 77%
Robert 79%
Walt 75%
Robert 87%
Val 91%
Ron 81%
Val, Walt, Ron 83%
Robert 96%
Robert 84%
Walt 87%
Ron 86%
Robert 95%
Ron 79%
Walt 86%
Val 91%
Robert 95%
Walt 86%
Robert, Ron 80%
Val, Beth 85%
Robert 87%
Walt, Beth 89%
Ron 78%
Val 93%
Walt, Beth 84%
Ron 73%
Robert, Ron, Walt 85%
Val 86%
Robert 97%

The chart is to display the average auditor score, so I've been trying to
establish an equation in the chart setup wizard to add the scores based on
auditor name and divide it by the number of instances to come up with the
average score. However, the chart wizard doesn't seem to accept numerous
field reference entries. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and
I've been trying to create a bar chart, showing percentage on the y axis and
auditor name on the x.

--
RJS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi John

See if the article at
http://tinyurl.com/5bwzdb
does what you want.

Regards,
Pedro J.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
John2008 said:
I've been trying to establish an equation in the chart setup wizard to
add the scores based on auditor name and divide it by the number of
instances to come up with the average score.

Don't use the chart wizard to calculate averages, use the spreadsheet.
Then use the chart wizard to display the results.

--
Del Cotter