Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel charts copied to powerpoint

I have a chart in excel that we copy and paste as an enhanced metafile into
powerpoint. There are multiple data series in the chart. One data point
within one of the data series it does not show up once copied into
powerpoint. This has never happened to me before and this process has been
used for about a year now.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated!!

Thanks!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Meg Partridge,
Sounds like it is truncating it for you. Did you try and resize the area of
insertion (make bigger) to capture all data series?
Dennis

"Meg Partridge" wrote:

I have a chart in excel that we copy and paste as an enhanced metafile into
powerpoint. There are multiple data series in the chart. One data point
within one of the data series it does not show up once copied into
powerpoint. This has never happened to me before and this process has been
used for about a year now.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Yes, I have tried resizing the chart. It is very strange because if I go
back to my file from last month it copies ok. It is the same exact chart
with the same data points.

All of the data series appear. It is just one number within one of the data
series that does not appear in powerpoint, but does show up in excel.

"Meg Partridge" wrote:

I have a chart in excel that we copy and paste as an enhanced metafile into
powerpoint. There are multiple data series in the chart. One data point
within one of the data series it does not show up once copied into
powerpoint. This has never happened to me before and this process has been
used for about a year now.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 10:34:01 -0700, Meg Partridge
wrote:

I have a chart in excel that we copy and paste as an enhanced metafile into
powerpoint. There are multiple data series in the chart. One data point
within one of the data series it does not show up once copied into
powerpoint. This has never happened to me before and this process has been
used for about a year now.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

Do the following...

1. Right click on the X-axis and choose "Format Axis."
2. Click on Scale Tab.
3. Make sure all your X-axis values cover your data. If your X-axis
values are on manual, extend them to cover the missing data points.
Or set them to automatic by checking the necessary boxes.
4. Do the same to the Y-axis.

Good luck

Gordon