Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
D D is offline

Default labeling data points in a scatter graph

I have a scatter graph from a series of labels with corresponding x/y values.
I want the labels to show up on the graph with each individual point. E.g.
Banana (5/9), Apple (4/10), Orange (2/3) etc. It should be very
straighforward! I have the list of labels in one column (Banana, Apple,
Orange..), then their x value in the column next to them, then the y values
in the next column. Why is it so difficult to create a simple well-labeled
scatter chart from that?? Any help appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Use one of these free Excel add-ins:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools,
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"D" wrote in message
I have a scatter graph from a series of labels with corresponding x/y
values.
I want the labels to show up on the graph with each individual point. E.g.
Banana (5/9), Apple (4/10), Orange (2/3) etc. It should be very
straighforward! I have the list of labels in one column (Banana, Apple,
Orange..), then their x value in the column next to them, then the y
values
in the next column. Why is it so difficult to create a simple well-labeled
scatter chart from that?? Any help appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

BonsourĀ® D avec ferveur ;o))) vous nous disiez :

I have a scatter graph from a series of labels with corresponding x/y
values. I want the labels to show up on the graph with each
individual point. E.g. Banana (5/9), Apple (4/10), Orange (2/3) etc.
It should be very straighforward! I have the list of labels in one
column (Banana, Apple, Orange..), then their x value in the column
next to them, then the y values in the next column. Why is it so
difficult to create a simple well-labeled scatter chart from that??
Any help appreciated.

Without add-ins
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213750/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914813/en-us