Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
D D is offline

Default labeling data points in a scatter graph

I have a scatter graph from a series of labels with corresponding x/y values.
I want the labels to show up on the graph with each individual point. E.g.
Banana (5/9), Apple (4/10), Orange (2/3) etc. It should be very
straighforward! I have the list of labels in one column (Banana, Apple,
Orange..), then their x value in the column next to them, then the y values
in the next column. Why is it so difficult to create a simple well-labeled
scatter chart from that?? Any help appreciated.