Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do I label data points in a scatter graph

Hello, I am trying to label a data point in a scatter plot but it
keeps returning the x value. I'd like to have the store # instead.
Basically I have Store #, Acceptance % and $ Value Eligible. Right
now I have Acceptance % as my x-value and $ Value Eligible as my y-
value. I'd like the plot point to return the store # assoicated with
the x and y value.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Oct 26, 8:43 am, Justin wrote:
Hello, I am trying to label a data point in a scatter plot but it
keeps returning the x value. I'd like to have the store # instead.
Basically I have Store #, Acceptance % and $ Value Eligible. Right
now I have Acceptance % as my x-value and $ Value Eligible as my y-
value. I'd like the plot point to return the store # assoicated with
the x and y value.

Check out the chart tools add-in from John Walkenbach
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm

Also his book, Excel Charts, ISBN #0-7645-1764-3

Also check these Excel charting sites:
http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...gory/charting/ (XY
Chart Labeler)
http://www.andypope.info/

If you learn everything these guys know about charting in Excel you
will definitely be the Excel Charting Grand Master

Best regards
-markc