Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Make a chart spin???

I know I've seen some code somewhere that made a chart spin continuously.
Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

--
Matthew.Wells

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I hope you're talking about a pie chart, because other types are not
intended to spin. In the pie chart, you have a property called Angle of
First Slice. To make the chart seem to spin, you need code that increments
this angle from zero to 360, then starts again at zero.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Matthew Wells" wrote in message
I know I've seen some code somewhere that made a chart spin continuously.
Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

--
Matthew.Wells

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Any kind. I did this in school in '99. You iterate in a loop rotating 10
degrees at a time. I did it in VB (I'm assuming you could do it in VBA as
well). Does anyone know the code?

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
I hope you're talking about a pie chart, because other types are not
intended to spin. In the pie chart, you have a property called Angle of
First Slice. To make the chart seem to spin, you need code that increments
this angle from zero to 360, then starts again at zero.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Matthew Wells" wrote in message
I know I've seen some code somewhere that made a chart spin continuously.
Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

--
Matthew.Wells

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You rotated an Excel chart? An embedded chart object? Or a picture of a
chart?

What is the purpose of rotating the chart?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Matthew Wells" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

I guess you could rotate a 3d surface plot.

'----------
Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 11/07/2008 by Andy Pope
'
Dim lngLoop As Long
Dim lngDelay As Long
'
With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Chart
For lngLoop = 1 To 360
.Rotation = lngLoop
DoEvents
For lngDelay = 1 To 5000
'CRUDE DELAY
Next
Next
End With

End Sub
'-----------

My 3d scatter rotates by using formula to adjust the data values. Some
simple code would allow for continual rotation.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm

Although not really charts my clocks workbook demonstrates how to animate
charts.
http://www.andypope.info/fun/clocks.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Let me start over. This is only for a "wow" effect. Obviously you can
manually rotate any 3d graph by grabbing the handle and moving it. What I
want is code that overall will take an access query result of maybe 5 rows,
3 cols, create an Excel workbook, open it up, paste the query results in a
worksheet, create a 3d graph, and then in VBA start a loop that will call
the rotate method of the graph to give it the effect. Like I said, I've
done this before back in school with vb6 in not too much code. I can do
most of this already, I only need the rotating loop.

Does anyone know this?

Thanks.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You need the code to rotate the chart, right? Can you do it manually? If so
(and I'm sure it's so), turn on the macro recorder while you rotate the
chart. Rotate the chart, approve the rotation and clear the dialog, then
repeat a couple times, while the recorder is running. Then see what the
recorded code uses to rotate the chart, and implement this into your
procedure.

- Jon
-------