tina

Default spin button value

Hi
Does the value in spinbutton properties have to be numeric or can it be a
day eg mon tues wed etc if so how do I dio this
Thanks
tina
Jim Rech

A Forms toolbar spinner control returns an integer. You can have another
cell with a formula that references the cell linked to the spinner like
=CHOOSE(A1,"Sun","Mon","Tues","Weds","Thurs","Fri" ,"Sat")

Here A1 is linked to the spinner. You'd want to limit the spinner's minimum
value to 1 and maximum value to 7 in this case.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"tina" wrote in message
| Hi
| Does the value in spinbutton properties have to be numeric or can it be a
| day eg mon tues wed etc if so how do I dio this
| Thanks
| tina

Dave Peterson

I put a spinner from the Forms toolbar on a worksheet.
I rightclicked on it and chose Format control|Control tab and used A1 as the
linked cell.
I also made the spinner spin from 1 to 7.

Then in B1, I put this formula:
=TEXT(A1,"ddd")

I'm using A1 as a date (1 = Jan 1, 1900, which was a Sunday).