Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Matthew Wells Matthew Wells is offline

Default Make a chart spin???

Let me start over. This is only for a "wow" effect. Obviously you can
manually rotate any 3d graph by grabbing the handle and moving it. What I
want is code that overall will take an access query result of maybe 5 rows,
3 cols, create an Excel workbook, open it up, paste the query results in a
worksheet, create a 3d graph, and then in VBA start a loop that will call
the rotate method of the graph to give it the effect. Like I said, I've
done this before back in school with vb6 in not too much code. I can do
most of this already, I only need the rotating loop.

Does anyone know this?

Thanks.

"Andy Pope" wrote in message

I guess you could rotate a 3d surface plot.

'----------
Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 11/07/2008 by Andy Pope
'
Dim lngLoop As Long
Dim lngDelay As Long
'
With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Chart
For lngLoop = 1 To 360
.Rotation = lngLoop
DoEvents
For lngDelay = 1 To 5000
'CRUDE DELAY
Next
Next
End With

End Sub
'-----------

My 3d scatter rotates by using formula to adjust the data values. Some
simple code would allow for continual rotation.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm

Although not really charts my clocks workbook demonstrates how to animate
charts.
http://www.andypope.info/fun/clocks.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
You rotated an Excel chart? An embedded chart object? Or a picture of a
chart?

What is the purpose of rotating the chart?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Matthew Wells" wrote in message
. ..
Any kind. I did this in school in '99. You iterate in a loop rotating
10 degrees at a time. I did it in VB (I'm assuming you could do it in
VBA as well). Does anyone know the code?

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
I hope you're talking about a pie chart, because other types are not
intended to spin. In the pie chart, you have a property called Angle of
First Slice. To make the chart seem to spin, you need code that
increments this angle from zero to 360, then starts again at zero.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Matthew Wells" wrote in message
I know I've seen some code somewhere that made a chart spin
continuously. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

--
Matthew.Wells