uriel78

Default Label columns in column charts

Now, it's Easter time, but I still need to work to complete my
thesis...well, let's go on...:-)

I've got a column chart in which the height of each column represents the
sum of unique values, so that if the column's height is 4, it means it
represents the occurence of 4 single events (1+1+1+1)

Now, referring this example I wish to label each column placing the name of
the single events, so, if the column's height is 4 the labels should be

from 0 to 1 - e1
from 1 to 2 - e2
from 2 to 3 - e3
from 3 to 4 - e4

(note that I have the labels in my active sheet)

As I have many columns in my chart, I'd need to do this operation for every
single column...

is it possible to do such a thing??

Thanks in advance and may everyone have a peaceful day...!

John Mansfield

Yes, it's possible to do. You can do so by installing one of the following
data labeling add-in tools into Excel:

Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler add-in located at:

http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

and/or John Walkenbach's Chart Tools add-in located at:

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm

These tools will allow you to add a range of data labels outside of your
regular chart range. As such, you can customize those labels to read
anything you want.

Both are free and contain detailed instructions as to how to install and
use. You can download them from the websites above.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"uriel78" wrote:

Now, it's Easter time, but I still need to work to complete my
thesis...well, let's go on...:-)

I've got a column chart in which the height of each column represents the
sum of unique values, so that if the column's height is 4, it means it
represents the occurence of 4 single events (1+1+1+1)

Now, referring this example I wish to label each column placing the name of
the single events, so, if the column's height is 4 the labels should be

from 0 to 1 - e1
from 1 to 2 - e2
from 2 to 3 - e3
from 3 to 4 - e4

(note that I have the labels in my active sheet)

As I have many columns in my chart, I'd need to do this operation for every
single column...

is it possible to do such a thing??

Thanks in advance and may everyone have a peaceful day...!

uriel78

Thank you for youyr suggestion, I try both of the utilities but I can't find
how to do what I need...I can't believe that I must apply labels one by
one...I'll get crazy....:-(

messaggio ...