Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Floating charts

I have a spreadsheet with a line graph on it. I would like to insert this
chart into some sort of floating box that will automatically reposition to
the top of my screen when ever I am roaming around the sheet. ( Would always
like to be able to see the chart when eneting data and have the chart make
the changes necessary).

Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Easiest way is to freeze the top few rows and place the chart in the
frozen area.

Otherwise you will need VBA code in the Selection change event in order
to keep on moving the chart.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Rob,

1. You can put the chart on a different sheet than the data, then choose
Window, New Window. Followed by Window Arrange, OK. In one window pick the
other sheet. You should be able to see the chart and the data at the same
time. And you can resize and move the two windows as needed.

2. Or you can keep the chart on the same sheet and do the Window New Window
command followed by Window Arrange. The resize and move the windows around
as desired.
--
cheers,
Shane Devenshire