Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Filtering data for scatter plot with chart labels

I have created an x-y scatter with 500 rows of data. Each row
contains 4 fields: Segment, Name, X-Value, Y-Value. I am filter on
"Segment" to limit the number of points displayed on the chart. Now I
would like to label the visible points with the "Name" field. I have
tried using both Bovey's X-Y Chart Labeler and the J-Walk Chart
Tools. But in both cases, after applying the filter to the data, the
graph shows the correct points with random labels. For instance, the
filter might limit the data to rows 4, 8, 15 and 30, but the labels
are from rows 1, 2, 3, and 10. (The And with the J-Walk took,
sometimes the labels are drawn from the wrong field altogether (some
of the points are labeled with data from the X-Axis field, for
instance).

Is this something with the way I have my chart set up, or is this a
limitation of these utilities?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Excellent - your link just saved me about 4 hours' work.

On Jun 23, 3:04 pm, Andy Pope wrote:
Hi,

A limit of the method those utilities use rather than the utilities
themselves.

For mot info see herehttp://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng57.htm

Cheers
Andy