Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Hide Graph of Data Outside X-Axis Range

I have an XY Scatter graph with data back into the 1990's (for example,
10-Year US Treasury yields). The graph references all of the data so that
when I change the dates on the x-axis (my range of dates I want to view), I
don't have to redo the data references.

The problem is, the graph of Treasury yields (let's call it a blue line) is
starting outside the chart border where the y-axis labels are...instead of
starting at the y-axis. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If none of your series use markers, the lines should terminate on the
boundaries of the plot area. If there are any markers, Excel displays a thin
margin outside the plot area boundaries, so the markers on the boundary are
not truncated.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"CJMITCHELL" wrote in message
I have an XY Scatter graph with data back into the 1990's (for example,
10-Year US Treasury yields). The graph references all of the data so that
when I change the dates on the x-axis (my range of dates I want to view),
don't have to redo the data references.

The problem is, the graph of Treasury yields (let's call it a blue line)
is
starting outside the chart border where the y-axis labels are...instead of
starting at the y-axis. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I checked, and markers is set to "None" for each series.

As a workaround, I used a recommendation you gave someone else for another
issue...set up an adjacent column that feeds the graph with either (1) data
within my date range, or (2) #N/A if the data doesn't fall within my date
range.

If you have other ideas, I'd be interested.

Thanks for your help Jon. By the way, your website rocks!