Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Newbie trying to graph

My spreadsheet is laid out as follows:

JOE FRANK PETER
QTY TIME QTY TIME QTY TIME
Mufflers 1 5 2 1 3
2
Brake Jobs 2 1 7 15 8 16
Oil Changes 6 2 8 7 10 25

I am having trouble trying to create a graph (I wanted a stacked bar
graph) that will allow me to visualize the qty of each task vs the
amount of time it is taking each person.

Names at Bottom - Each task a different colour bar - with the time
appended to the end of each "task" bar.

Any suggestions? Or can anyone direct me to a tutorial??

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Try this layout, which would fill cells A1:D10, and plot as clustered
column.

QTY Time
Joe Mufflers 1 5
Brake Jobs 2 1
Oil Changes 3 2
Frank Mufflers 2 1
Brake Jobs 7 15
Oil Changes 8 16
Peter Mufflers 6 2
Brake Jobs 8 7
Oil Changes 10 25

Names and Task on axis, quantity and time along side each other.

For introduction to charts see
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
wooljr said:
Names at Bottom - Each task a different colour bar - with the time
appended to the end of each "task" bar.

Lay your data out like this:

QTY

JOE FRANK PETER
Mufflers 1 2 3
Brake Jobs 2 7 8
Oil Changes 6 8 10

TIME

JOE FRANK PETER
Mufflers 5 1 2
Brake Jobs 1 15 16
Oil Changes 2 7 25

Make a clustered column chart from the first block, then use one of the
free add-ins to put the times on the end of the columns as labels:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

Alternatively, just make a second clustered column chart from the second
block, showing the times.

Or even make both charts, one showing quantities, with time labels, and
the other showing times, with quantity labels.

--
Del Cotter