Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default EXCEL dashboards

How can I build dashboards in EXCEL myself ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

See Charley's dashboards on http://exceluser.com.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"densmith99" wrote in message
How can I build dashboards in EXCEL myself ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Jun 3, 6:28*am, densmith99
wrote:
How can I build dashboards in EXCEL myself ?

Can you please give more information about what sort of things you
want to show on a dashboard. I can give some info on a red, amber,
green dashboard if that would be helpful.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Artemis:

One I need to do at work is percent of a vendors stock on the shelf. So the
vendor has 100 part numbers that I should be stocking. I would like a small
chart or dashboard that goes red above 85% of parts on the shelf, amber
between 84.9 and 80%, and yellow below 80%. I have multiple columns in a
spreadsheet that have column names that are vendor numbers. Then the row
contains the number of items stocked, as a percent. So the chart should read
that cell, ane display a colored dashboard titled with th evendor number, and
colored based on the value. In reality, I have many vendors so I want to make
a big dashboard with all the vendors and quickly be able to see which are in
the red or amber.

Your help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Use conditional formatting based on the percentage in the cell. Here's a
good place to start:

http://contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

- Jon
-------