Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default EXCEL dashboards

Use conditional formatting based on the percentage in the cell. Here's a
good place to start:

http://contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Tracy M." <Tracy wrote in message
Artemis:

One I need to do at work is percent of a vendors stock on the shelf. So
the
vendor has 100 part numbers that I should be stocking. I would like a
small
chart or dashboard that goes red above 85% of parts on the shelf, amber
between 84.9 and 80%, and yellow below 80%. I have multiple columns in a
spreadsheet that have column names that are vendor numbers. Then the row
contains the number of items stocked, as a percent. So the chart should
read
that cell, ane display a colored dashboard titled with th evendor number,
and
colored based on the value. In reality, I have many vendors so I want to
make
a big dashboard with all the vendors and quickly be able to see which are
in
the red or amber.

Your help on this would be greatly appreciated.