Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Min Min is offline

Default Graphs... Help... Can anyone sort...?!

Hi there,

I've got a lot of data that im looking at & was hoping to produce some
graphs so that I can easily analyse them. The only thing is that each record
has between 8 &15 values. I want to create a graph for each of these
categories but have the graphs in order from highest to lowest. Is there a
way of doing this without copying the data & sorting it each time or would it
be best to use some other software....?

Thanks very much

Min :o)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

What kind of graphs do you want? Could you use a line chart? The values
could be in the same chart, self-sorted because the line with greater values
appears higher in the chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Min" wrote in message
Hi there,

I've got a lot of data that im looking at & was hoping to produce some
graphs so that I can easily analyse them. The only thing is that each
record
has between 8 &15 values. I want to create a graph for each of these
categories but have the graphs in order from highest to lowest. Is there a
way of doing this without copying the data & sorting it each time or would
it
be best to use some other software....?

Thanks very much

Min :o)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Min Min is offline

I wanted to use bar charts so easiler to analyse the differences between each
of the columns. Think I tried line graphs but I still can't get it in order
for all the categories (columns) without changing the other graphs. Would it
be possible or is it better to use access? Or can u recommend another
software?

"Min" wrote in message
Hi there,

I've got a lot of data that im looking at & was hoping to produce some
graphs so that I can easily analyse them. The only thing is that each
record
has between 8 &15 values. I want to create a graph for each of these
categories but have the graphs in order from highest to lowest. Is there a
way of doing this without copying the data & sorting it each time or would
it
be best to use some other software....?

Thanks very much

Min :o)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Until you know what you want to show, it will be difficult to help. I can't
imagine any software being useful until you've completed this step, and in
general, Excel will probably be sufficient. When you decide what you want,
first try to arrange the data in the worksheet such that a chart may in fact
display it appropriately.

- Jon
-------

"Min" wrote in message
Hi there,

I've got a lot of data that im looking at & was hoping to produce some
graphs so that I can easily analyse them. The only thing is that each
record
has between 8 &15 values. I want to create a graph for each of these
categories but have the graphs in order from highest to lowest. Is
there a
way of doing this without copying the data & sorting it each time or
would
it
be best to use some other software....?

Thanks very much

Min :o)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Min said:
I wanted to use bar charts so easiler to analyse the differences between each
of the columns. Think I tried line graphs but I still can't get it in order
for all the categories (columns) without changing the other graphs. Would it
be possible or is it better to use access? Or can u recommend another
software?

I understand later versions of Access have graphs, so that might work.
But you haven't really told us enough about your data to help you solve
your problem. Often, the hardest part about helping people in this
newsgroup to chart their Excel ranges is that they treat the details of
those ranges like a poker hand, and the details are key to answering the
question.

Reading between the lines, I don't see why it shouldn't be just as
feasible to use a Pivot table as to move the data over to Access.

--
Del Cotter