meyerse

Default resize chart on copyo

1) I'm using Microsoft Office 2003
2) My file is large (26meg) with many graphs (50+)

My problem is that all my graphs must be the same size and format so I
created one graph that looks exactly the way I want it. The information is
by state, so I have to copy it for each state I want to display. When I
copy the graph, so I can save myself time and link it up to the next states
data, it RESIZES THE GRAPH. These graphs must all be the same size. Now I
can simply manually resize it but with so many graphs this is a hassle, plus
others make changes in the workbook which changes some of the graphs size and
I have to resize those all again. IS THERE A WAY TO PAST THE COPY OF THE
GRAPH AND HAVE IT NOT CHANGE THE SIZE!!! I have it set to move but not size
with cells too, but this doesn't seem to have an impact either way.
Ed Ferrero

Hi meyerse,

In my experience, the only time you should have a 26MB workbook is when you
have 26MB of RAM.
Now, this is becoming possible with 64bit architecture, but in the meantime
try these hints:

- keep large amounts of data in a separate file (a database or a .csv file
is good)
- use Pivot Tables or External Data queries to bring only what you need at
one time into Excel
- build reports in Excel that have one, two, or up to eight charts on one
page. Print the page then
change the chart data references to create a new page and print that.

I suspect that your worksheet is failing simply because you are running out
of memory.
However, you could try turning on the macro recorder, then resizing a chart.
Then running
the macro every time you copy a chart. But really not recommended. It is
better to reduce
the number of embedded charts in your worksheet.

Ed Ferrero