Phil Hageman

Default Impedding/Overlaying Charts

Is it possible to imped/overlay one chart on another, and have them both be
fully functional? For example, I would like to put a second small chart,
about 1/4th size, on a full-sized chart.

Thanks,
Phil
Jon Peltier

Phil -

You can embed a chart in a chart sheet. Right click on the chart to be embedded,
choose Location, and next to As Object In, select the chart sheet to embed it within.

If the two charts are on a worksheet, the best you could do is make one small and
float it in front of the other.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Phil Hageman wrote:

Is it possible to imped/overlay one chart on another, and have them both be
fully functional? For example, I would like to put a second small chart,
about 1/4th size, on a full-sized chart.

Thanks,
Phil

Phil Hageman

Jon,
Thanks for your reply. Both charts are on the same worksheet. The float
works fine. Two additional questions: 1) Is there a way to standardize the
size of the small chart - with code or something (I have thirty-some of these
chart pairs to create), and 2) How do I print the charts? When I click on
either chart, the other one disappears.
Thanks, Phil

Phil Hageman wrote:

Is it possible to imped/overlay one chart on another, and have them both be
fully functional? For example, I would like to put a second small chart,
about 1/4th size, on a full-sized chart.

Thanks,
Phil

Jon Peltier

Phil -

John Walkenbach's Chart Tools (http://j-walk.com) has a utility that will size all
charts the same. Copy the small charts temporarily to another worksheet, size one
chart, open Chart Tools (Chart menu or right click menu), to get the size of this
chart, and check the option ot make them all the same size. Copy them back to the
original sheet.

When you activate a chart below another chart, its entire window becomes visible,
and the part of the other chart which obscured it is hidden. As soon as you finish
and deactivate the chart, the other chart shows up on top. To select the bottom
chart without activating it, hold Shift while selecting it, and the chart above it
will still be visible.

To print, print the worksheet. To just print part of it, select the cells below the
charts you want, press CTRL+P, and select Selection on the dialog.

- Jon
-------