Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Callouts - default placement below line?

I have a line chart I need to add callouts to. Most of them will be
below the line, not above it. Is there a way to change the default
"pointer" coming out of the box? I would like it to point up, not
point down.

Thanks,
Rachel Garrett
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Rachel,

If you mean by callouts the AutoShapes you can add from the Drawining
toolbar in 2003, then the answer is that we have no way to set the default
for this direction the lines extend. However, the line position depends on
how you draw the callout in the first place - if you start at the top left
and drag to the bottom right the callout line extends upwards to the left.
If you start at the bottom right and drag up to the left the line extends
down and to the right. Similarly for top right to bottom left and bottom
left to top right.

You can set the line and color options defaults but they apply to all
autoshapes not just callouts.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire