Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel

Default Problem adding chart (Office 2007)

Hi,

I'm having problem adding chart/graph in any Office 2007 applications. I
can't seem to add any chart/graph. The following is the problems that I'm
encountering (with a new document/spreadsheet):

Excel 2007
1) Clicking any of the chart/graph button in the "Insert" ribbon does
nothing.
2) If I choose "All Chart Types...", then the Insert Chart dialog will
appear. Choosing any of the chart will cause Excel to display "Some chart
types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart
type".

All Office 2007 applications (Word, Powerpoint, ect)
1) Inserting chart/graph will bring up the Insert Chart dialog. Choosing any
of the chart will cause Excel to display "Some chart types cannot be
combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type".

I've already uninstalled, reboot and reinstalled Office 2007 but it still
doesn't work. I also tried uninstalling Office 2007 and delete all registry
keys connected to Office 2007 and reinstall, but it still won't work.

The system (Windows XP) I'm using is connected to Windows 2003 domain (with
Active Directory). The weird thing is, if I log in the system using the
"Administrator" user, I can add graph/chart normally. If I login using any
other users (even the one with Administrators privilege), I'll encounter the
problem described above.

I really hope someone could help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel

One more thing, if I open a file which already contain chart/graph, the
placeholder where the chart/graph should be is empty. Clicking on it will
highlight the placeholder but I can't see anything chart/graph in it.

Thanks.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel

Nicholas Poh -

Office Button | Excel Options | Advanced | (Display options for this
workbook) For objects, show: All | OK.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel

Hi,

Thanks for the guide but the setting is already set to show all. The
chart/graph is missing because the chart/graph is not working. I can't add
any chart/graph in Microsoft Excel 2007 and all the Office 2007.

I'm really hoping that someone could help me out.

"Mike Middleton" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel

Nicholas Poh -

Regarding "I can't add any chart/graph in Microsoft Excel 2007":

Have you looked on the Review ribbon to see if the sheet is protected?

If the sheet is protected without allowing the user to edit objects, you
cannot insert a chart.

- Mike Middleton

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel

Hi,

The sheet is not protected. I created a new worksheet. I'm also having this
problem with other Office 2008 applications. Everytime I add a chart/graph,
they display "Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types.
Select a different chart type". This happen with newly created documents.

Thanks.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel

I've been running Office 2007 for a few months now, never saw this problem
until today. I created a copy of the worksheet within the same workbook then
tried the chart insert again. It worked. I did notice that if I copy the
worksheet and delete the original before creating the chart in the copy I get
the error. That's all I got. I hope this helps some.

"Nicholas Poh" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel

Hi

I am encounter the same problem as Nicholas, but I can draw a graph using
different others username, just one of the username can't draw graph, I feel
appreciate if you guys can give me a solution. Thanks!

"Nicholas Poh" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel

Hi,

For my case, only the "administrator" account is able to draw graph. All
other domain users are unable to do so. The clients are in a domain.

Thanks.