Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel
Nicholas Poh Nicholas Poh is offline

Default Problem adding chart (Office 2007)

Hi,

Yes. It is now SP1. The problem is also there when SP1 is not installed.

"Mike Middleton" wrote in message
Nicholas Poh -

Excel 2007 SP1 ?

- Mike Middleton

"Nicholas Poh" wrote in message

The sheet is not protected. I created a new worksheet. I'm also having
this problem with other Office 2008 applications. Everytime I add a
chart/graph, they display "Some chart types cannot be combined with other
chart types. Select a different chart type". This happen with newly
created documents.

Thanks.

"Mike Middleton" wrote in message
Nicholas Poh -

Regarding "I can't add any chart/graph in Microsoft Excel 2007":

Have you looked on the Review ribbon to see if the sheet is protected?

If the sheet is protected without allowing the user to edit objects, you
cannot insert a chart.

- Mike Middleton

"Nicholas Poh" wrote in message

Thanks for the guide but the setting is already set to show all. The
chart/graph is missing because the chart/graph is not working. I can't
add any chart/graph in Microsoft Excel 2007 and all the Office 2007.

I'm really hoping that someone could help me out.

"Mike Middleton" wrote in message
Nicholas Poh -

Office Button | Excel Options | Advanced | (Display options for this
workbook) For objects, show: All | OK.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"Nicholas Poh" wrote in message
One more thing, if I open a file which already contain chart/graph,
the placeholder where the chart/graph should be is empty. Clicking on
it will highlight the placeholder but I can't see anything
chart/graph in it.

Thanks.

"Nicholas Poh" wrote in message

I'm having problem adding chart/graph in any Office 2007
applications. I can't seem to add any chart/graph. The following is
the problems that I'm encountering (with a new
document/spreadsheet):

Excel 2007
1) Clicking any of the chart/graph button in the "Insert" ribbon
does nothing.
2) If I choose "All Chart Types...", then the Insert Chart dialog
will appear. Choosing any of the chart will cause Excel to display
"Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select
a different chart type".

All Office 2007 applications (Word, Powerpoint, ect)
1) Inserting chart/graph will bring up the Insert Chart dialog.
Choosing any of the chart will cause Excel to display "Some chart
types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different
chart type".

I've already uninstalled, reboot and reinstalled Office 2007 but it
still doesn't work. I also tried uninstalling Office 2007 and delete
all registry keys connected to Office 2007 and reinstall, but it
still won't work.

The system (Windows XP) I'm using is connected to Windows 2003
domain (with Active Directory). The weird thing is, if I log in the
system using the "Administrator" user, I can add graph/chart
normally. If I login using any other users (even the one with
Administrators privilege), I'll encounter the problem described
above.

I really hope someone could help me out.

Thanks in advance.