Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Multiple scatter plots

When in the lab, we have to collect data from multiple data in time.
we all can make scatter plots, but how do you fine tune them, so that
all X-axis are just underneath each other?, without being in the same
chart.

So like 3 scatter charts, and the 0 for every chart should be right
under the other ones...

any ideas? now i'm doing some moving and stuff, but it's so frustrating
and it's never correct...

--
Coussie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

It is near impossible to align axes in separate charts. You can put your
data into separate panels of the same chart using an approach like this:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...venScales.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Coussie" wrote in message

When in the lab, we have to collect data from multiple data in time.
we all can make scatter plots, but how do you fine tune them, so that
all X-axis are just underneath each other?, without being in the same
chart.

So like 3 scatter charts, and the 0 for every chart should be right
under the other ones...

any ideas? now i'm doing some moving and stuff, but it's so frustrating
and it's never correct...

--
Coussie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Coussie:

You want to build a trellis (also known as: small multiple, lattice, grid,
panel) chart. You can find several example horizontal and vertical panel
charts at this link:
http://processtrends.com/TOC_chart_g...Panel%20Charts

I have developed an Excel - VBA program to automate trellis chart
production. The video shows that it is possible to build an automated
trellis chart tool in Excel,

http://processtrends.com/Files/Trellis_Excel_r_4.wmv

R has a built-in trellis charting capability that you should consider if you
expect to do continue scientific charting. R is a free, powerful statistical
and charting package that runs on Windows, Mac OS and other platforms. User
enter scripts to execute statistical or graphical analysis using tools
contributed by a world wide community of R users.

R's lattice package let's you build just about any type of trellis chart
with one or two lines of script. In my video, I show that I moved up the R
learning curve pretty quickly after spending quite a long time trying to get
Excel to do trellis like charts.

There is an RExcel addin that lets you get all of the R power right in
Excel.

Your choice of using Excel panel charts or moving to R or RExcel depends on
your future plans. If this is a one time need, then Excel panel charts make
sense. If you expect to continue producing advanced charts in your
studies/career, then you should seriously consider incorporating R into your
data analysis toolkit.

Kelly O'Day
http://processtrends.com