Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kat Kat is offline

Default scatter plots with multiple series

I am trying to plot in excel a scatter plot with mulitple xy settings..All
the x setting are time. I am wondering if there is a way with in excel to
select the columns and then plot them accordingly

Thanks
--
Kat
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

If you place your x values in the first column, each set of y values in
subsequent columns. On the 2nd step of the chart wizard make sure series
data is plotted in Columns. This should produce multiple series with
each sharing the 1st column as its x values.

Cheers
Andy

Kat wrote:
I am trying to plot in excel a scatter plot with mulitple xy settings..All
the x setting are time. I am wondering if there is a way with in excel to
select the columns and then plot them accordingly

Thanks

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kat Kat is offline

The x columns are time, and each time series may not be the same. so this
means I would have to do some prefiltering?

--
Kat

Kat wrote:
I am trying to plot in excel a scatter plot with mulitple xy settings..All
the x setting are time. I am wondering if there is a way with in excel to
select the columns and then plot them accordingly

Thanks

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Sorry I mis-read "x setting are time." as "x setting are SAME."

I'm not sure I understand the problem.

Are you having problems getting multiple series in to the chart?
Or is the x axis scale not working in some way?

And by time series do you mean hh:mm time or actual dates?

Cheers
Andy