-   -   scatter plots with multiple series (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/107896-scatter-plots-multiple-series.html)

Kat

scatter plots with multiple series

I am trying to plot in excel a scatter plot with mulitple xy settings..All
the x setting are time. I am wondering if there is a way with in excel to
select the columns and then plot them accordingly

Thanks
--
Kat

Andy Pope

scatter plots with multiple series

Hi,

If you place your x values in the first column, each set of y values in
subsequent columns. On the 2nd step of the chart wizard make sure series
data is plotted in Columns. This should produce multiple series with
each sharing the 1st column as its x values.

Cheers
Andy

Kat wrote:
I am trying to plot in excel a scatter plot with mulitple xy settings..All
the x setting are time. I am wondering if there is a way with in excel to
select the columns and then plot them accordingly

Thanks

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Kat

scatter plots with multiple series

The x columns are time, and each time series may not be the same. so this
means I would have to do some prefiltering?

--
Kat

Kat wrote:
I am trying to plot in excel a scatter plot with mulitple xy settings..All
the x setting are time. I am wondering if there is a way with in excel to
select the columns and then plot them accordingly

Thanks

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Andy Pope

scatter plots with multiple series

Sorry I mis-read "x setting are time." as "x setting are SAME."

I'm not sure I understand the problem.

Are you having problems getting multiple series in to the chart?
Or is the x axis scale not working in some way?

And by time series do you mean hh:mm time or actual dates?

Cheers
Andy

Kat wrote:
The x columns are time, and each time series may not be the same. so this
means I would have to do some prefiltering?

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Tushar Mehta

scatter plots with multiple series

In article ,
says...
I am trying to plot in excel a scatter plot with mulitple xy settings..All
the x setting are time. I am wondering if there is a way with in excel to
select the columns and then plot them accordingly

Thanks

[If the below doesn't work for you, you will have to address the kinds of
questions Andy raised. {grin}]

Yes, you can create a XY Scatter chart with multiple sets of (X,Y) values.
And, the X values can be time as long as they are time as XL understands it.

Simply create the chart with any one pair of X and Y values (time + whatever
it is you are measuring).

Then, select each subsequent pair and drag it onto the chart (or copy,
select the chart and select Edit | Paste Special...) In the resulting
dialog box, make sure XL knows that the first column contains category (X)
values.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions